Online Blackjack is among the most played games when it comes to gambling all over the world. This game brings a lot of action, which is one thing that has hugely contributed to its popularity. Online Blackjack has been in existent for many years now, and it can be quite tricky to understand if you’ve never played it before. However, Blackjack is not that difficult as long as you have the right strategies and follow all the rules. In this article, we look at some of the most vital things that you should know about online Blackjack. That way, you can understand more about this game, thus helping you know how to go about it and make money playing it too. Read on to find out.
- Action - This refers to the amount of money you have in your hands.
- Advantage Player - This term refers to a player who has a great mathematical advantage over the entire casino.
- Anchor Player - Anchor player is a term that’s mostly used in Aussie casinos to designate the player who is seated at the far-left side of the casino table. The anchor player is also the last person to play before the dealer plays.
- Back Counting - This term refers to a technique where a player stands at a Blackjack table without playing while keeping the current count. Doing so helps the player to watch and identify the best time that will favor his cards, then enters the game.
- Backed Off - This is when a casino supervisor tells a certain player to stop playing for various reasons.
- Basic Strategy - Basic strategy is a set of playing decisions that are usually the mathematically optimal method to play every hand, based on your card’s and the dealer’s upcard.
- Betting Efficiency - This term refers to the time when a counting system recognizes when a player has an advantage for betting reasons.
- Betting Spot - A specific designated area on the layout in front of every player for placing wager (chips).
- Burn Card - A burn card is the first card to be removed by the dealer and placed in a face-down position in the discard tray after all the cards have been shuffled and cut.
- Cut card - This one refers to a colored plastic card that a Blackjack player inserts in the just-shuffled cards to help determine where the dealer will most probably cut the decks. When the cut card appears when playing, that round is complete, and the cards have to be reshuffled.
Online Blackjack Rules in South Africa
The aim of online Blackjack is usually very simple. With all the cards provided, you need to get to a 21 or close to that. Every picture card you have is worth 10 points while you can use the Ace as 1 or 11. The Ace is among the most powerful cards as it can even draw a Blackjack.
Firstly, a bet is placed to get the game started, and two cards are dealt, facing up for each player. The dealer also deals two cards to himself, but he has to show one of his cards to all players. Doing that helps players to come up with a personal strategy to use to win.
After dealing the cards, all players have several choices to make:
● Stand - This is where a player is satisfied with the hand and decides not to ask for other cards
● Hit - Refers to when a player requests for another card. Players have the right to ask for more cards until they are content with the hand
If you exceed 21, then the hand ends there and that’s called a Bust in blackjack terms. The bet is lost, and you must wait for other players to finish their hand so you can join in the next round.
When it’s the dealers turn to reveal his cards, he has to keep hitting until he gets to 17 or more. If a player or the dealer is dealt face card (10) and an Ace card, then the hand ends there automatically, and that is referred to as Blackjack and is paid 1.5x the original stake.
Vegas Strip Blackjack
Vegas strip blackjack is a top and popular Blackjack variation that is mostly based in Las Vegas, hence the name. Ausie casinos in South Africa have introduced this game, which has helped increase its popularity in the country. Vegas Strip Blackjack is usually played using four standard decks of cards, and like other blackjack variations, the objective is to beat the dealer by getting more points without going beyond the total of 21.
Live Dealer Blackjack Games
There are so many live dealer Blackjack games that you can find in most casinos in South Africa these days. Here are some of the best that you can try:
● Portomaso Gaming Blackjack
● Evolution Gaming Blackjack
● Extreme Live Gaming Blackjack
● Playtech Blackjack
● Lucky Streak Blackjack
● Ezugi Blackjack
Aus casinos have ensured that players can play Blackjack using their mobile phones by perfectly optimizing all their games for mobile. So, you can even play online Blackjack by just downloading an app or playing the web version of it.
Blackjack South Africa - FAQ
What is the difference between online and traditional Blackjack?
The only major difference between these two is that online Blackjack is played using a phone or computer while traditional Blackjack is played in land-based casinos.
Do I have to play for real money?
No. You can use virtual money for practice purposes, then start using real money once you perfect your skills.
How old do I have to be to play online Blackjack?
Playing online Blackjack is typically gambling. So, you have to be over 18 years old.
What deposit options can I use?
When playing online Blackjack, you can use different deposit options from credit cards to bank transfers.
Why should I play online Blackjack instead of traditional Blackjack?
Both versions are good, but online Blackjack can be a great option if you want to play from anywhere and using any device.
No matches were found
Frequently compared casinos